This is a support group. We are here to bring people together who believe in one human race, and share the struggle in achieving peace for all. There is no room for hate in our hearts or minds. Only resistance to those who fail to understand the importance of unity and love.
- Have a national action-oriented conversation about the rise of white supremacy and Islamophobia.
- Promote educational opportunities on how to be an ally.
- Track incidents of hate and share resources on how best to report and combat the impact of hate.
- The Canadian government must make an immediate public condemnation of the executive order by President Trump that bans Muslim visa-holders from seven countries and also bans all refugees from entering the US.
- Canada must immediately open the Canada-USA border.This includes revocation of the Safe Third Country Agreement which bars most refugee claimants entering from the United States over land to claim asylum in Canada. The Designated Country of Origin list, which makes it almost impossible for US citizens and citizens of forty other countries to claim asylum in Canada, must be eliminated.
- Canada must end racist, anti-refugee, anti-Black, Islamophobic exclusion of migrants and refugees within this colonial border.This includes ending the system of indefinite immigration detention. The federal government must create a regularization program so that all undocumented residents can live here with their families rather than fear mass deportation. Migrant workers in Canada must also be given permanent status and open work permits. We want real, not symbolic, Sanctuaries that guarantee access to services and refuse collaboration with Canadian and American border agents.
- Canada must rescind all federal legislation that attacks racialized Black and Brown Muslims and refugees, including the Zero Tolerance for Barbaric Cultural Practices Act as well as anti-terror legislation such as Security Certificates and Bill C51.
Statement initiated by Black Lives Matter – Toronto With the support of:
Anti-Fascist Action Calgary
Black Lives Matter -Vancouver
Coalition Against Bigotry – Pacific
Chinese Canadian National Council – Toronto
Idle No More
Justicia for Migrant Workers
Kashmir Solidarity Group – Toronto
No One Is Illegal – London, Ontario
No One Is Illegal – Toronto
No One Is Illegal -Vancouver Coast Salish territories
People for Peace – London, Ontario
Refugees Welcome – Victoria/Lekwungen territory
Salaam -Vancouver: Queer Muslim Community
Siraat Muslim Collective – Vancouver
The Toronto and York Region Labour Council
Tamil Freedom Coalition
Trikone – Vancouver